Okay, so we have seen quite a lot about Android 4.1.2 and what AOSP and CyanogenMod team has to offer to our lovely Android devices. Being pure Android phones, Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean JZO54K firmware is first available for Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7 and in this tutorial we will tell you how to flash the factory images.
Before you proceed with the tutorial, you will need to have Android SDK and its platform tools installed on your Computer.You must also know the basic commands that are used along with ADB. All this can be found in our complete guide.
After you have installed everything, you can proceed with our tutorial to update your Galaxy Nexus or Nexus 7 with Android 4.1.2 but only after you backup everything on your device.
Backup Data & Prerequisites
The few points listed below will help you backup your data on Samsung I9070 Galaxy S Advance. You need to wipe data to update your firmware and hence it is always a good idea to backup before you proceed with any rooting activity on your device.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Make sure you have the recommended drivers installed.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk.
Steps to Update Galaxy Nexus & Nexus 7 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
- Download the factory image for your device from Google. (Binaries)
- Copy the factory images to the platform tools folder which contains adb.exe and fastboot.exe files.
- Connect your device to the computer via USB Cable.
- Shift+Right Click on your computer to open Command Prompt in the platform tools folder location.
- Enter the following commands line by line pressing enter after every command:
(Make sure you update the name of the .img and .zip files accordingly)
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-toro-primekk15.img
fastboot flash radio radio-toro-i515.ek02.img
fastboot flash radio-cdma radio-cdma-toro-i515.ek05.img
fastboot -w update image-mysid-icl53f.zip
fastboot oem lock (to lock the bootloader)
- Highlight “Start” and press the lock button to select the option. This will reboot your phone.
Your phone is now running stock Android 4.1.2, unrooted and has the bootloader locked.