Samsung Galaxy S3 will soon be receiving Android 4.2 Jelly Bean update but the developer community seems to steal the suspense away and has leaked the firmware online. You can now download the latest Jelly Bean firmware I9300XXUFMB3 for your Samsung Galaxy S3 and flash it to your device using the very well known tool – Odin. We will be guiding you through the process in case you are doing this for the first time.
Throwing light on what you get with this update, you must be knowing that the Galaxy S3 will get Galaxy S4 features with future updates of the firmware. With this one flashed to your device, you will get a sneak peak of what might be released officially later via KIES. This is not the final build but folks at XDA have reported everything working fine in this firmware.
Regaring further details of the firmware, Faryaab from Sammobile says:
New enhancements in I9300XXUFMB3 FW
- Android 4.2.1 – JOP40D
- Improved Ripple effect on Lockscreen
- New Android 4.2.1 Lockscreen with widgets
- Daydream (Settings>Display)
- New Additions in Notification Center
- Notifications are more actionable
- Voice Command (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands)
We have repackaged this firmware into an ODIN Flashable firmware ourselves from the dump files we took from Saturn’s device. This firmware will increase your binary counter, if you don’t know what this means then don’t flash this firmware. This Firmware will also change your device status to Modified. This firmware doesn’t contain any Modem so the Modem you are using before flashing this firmware will remain. This is a PRE-RELEASE version so not official from KIES. As this is a PRE-RELEASE firmware so expect some minor bugs.
We have FULLY TESTED this firmware and this firmware works perfectly as any other official firmware.
Android Version: 4.2.1 – JZO54K (Jelly Bean)
Region: Middle East
Build Date: 19th Februray 2013
Step to Flash XXUFMB3 Firmware to Galaxy S3
- Download the firmware from the link given above.
- Unzip the contents of the zip file you downloaded.
- Open Odin which is already included in the zip file.
- Turn off your phone and boot it into download mode by pressing Home+power+vol down buttons together.
- Connect the phone to the PC via USB cable.
- The ID:Com section must turn yellow, if it doesn’t you need to download the necessary device drivers.
- Click on PDA and select “I9300XXUFMB3_I9300OJKFMB3_HOME.tar.md5” file.
- Make sure re-partition is not checked.
- Click on Start button and relax on your chair while the firmware is flashed.
- Once it is finished, turn off the device and boot into recovery mode by pressing Home+power+vol up buttons.
- Choose wipe data/factory reset. This will erase all data on your phone.
- Select “Reboot system now” and your device will boot into Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean.
If you face any issues, feel free to comment below or refer the original thread.