Google has been quite successful in hiding the next omission of the Android platform but it seems they lost their way somewhere in between and what we have with us is an Android 4.3 Jelly Bean ROM ready to be flashed onto your Samsung Galaxy S4s! It was just a day back when the Google Edition of Samsung’s 2013 flagship saw it’s official announcement and then we came to know about the updated applications,wallpapers and Boot animations which the developers took no time to rip ’em off from the firmware and make into installable apks. The update camera was being touted to be a part of the Android 4.3’s stock applications’ list but when it landed on the Samsung flagship, we all knew, something bigger was cornering around the banks!
As Google found it difficult enough to keep the Sammobile sources away from the testing rigs, somehow they have managed to get a piece of the cake and it is a really big one this time. Users should be careful about the fact that this ROM is only for the GT-i9505 Samsung Galaxy S4 that is the Snapdragon 600 powered version of the device and hence, flashing it onto the Exynos one might run you into some trouble! Done with all that stuff, let us get started with the flashing process for the ROM via the most traditional Flash-via-recovery method as this ROM cannot be flashed via Odin!
Before you proceed with the installation, we recommend you to backup all data on your phone. To make backups easily, you can read our complete backup guide. If you do not have device drivers installed, you can download them here. We are not responsible for any damage your device might face with this guide – the chances in this case are very less though.
Steps to Install Android 4.3 JWR66N Firmware On Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505:
- Download the flashable zip file for the firmware.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy S4 to the Computer via USB Cable and copy the ROM zip file to your internal sdcard which is the /sdcard/ folder.
- Disconnect your device from the PC and turn it off.
- Boot your device into ClockworkMod Recovery mode.
- Make a nandroid backup in the recovery mode so that you can revert back if you wish to.
- Wipe everything up or do a factory reset and wipe Dalvik cache if your want to avoid “low on system memory” problem.
- Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to the internal sd card.
- Flash the zip file.
- Go back and select “Reboot system now”.
Please make a note that this boot up make take a bit longer than usual and hence be a little patient. If your phone booted up properly, let it get stable for a minute or two and hey! you’re home! Further, you can head to the original thread for more on this ROM. Feel free to leave your queries in the comments section or you can contact the author on Google Plus or you can head over to our Facebook group for some quick help either from us or the community members! Again, some care has to be taken about the fact that as Android 4.3 is still under it’s development phases, you might face some issues with this installation! But hey, that’s a sort of risk that can pay back big time to you!
Source: SamMobile|XDA thread