The LG Optimus L-series phones are picking up developer love pretty quick and one among them has Android 4.3 working on it in the form of Slim ROM. In case you have never heard of these ROMs before, Slim ROMs are extremely light and smooth running ROMs built on AOSP sources. They are packed in very small size zip files and also don’t have too many apps stuffed in that lets you have more amount of free RAM. More information on Slim ROMs can be found on slimroms.net.
You can now download Slimbean ROM for LG Optimus L5 and L7 that has been compiled by XDA forum member tudorsirb using Slim sources.
Since this ROM has been compiled by a developer. you are sure to face some bugs. At the time of writing this ROM has the following bugs:
- Screenshots in recents menu are buggy
- Video recording is buggy
Apart from the above listed bugs, everything else should work properly according to the developer. Please note that the ROM featured here was updated on 22nd of September. Further updates will be available only in the original thread, the link to which can be found in the text below.
Steps to Flash Slimbean 4.3 ROM on LG Optimus L5 & L7
- Download the ROM and Gapps zip file from the original thread.
- Copy both zip files and place in your device’s SD card.
- Boot your phone into recovery mode and make a nandroid backup by going to “Backup and restore>Backup”. This is optional but is recommended that you make a backup. In case you want to backup specific data, read our data backup guide.
- Go back and wipe data and cache partitions. After this go to Advanced menu and wipe dalvik cache.
- Go back and select “Install zip from SD card”>”Choose zip from SD card” and select the ROM zip file to flash it.
- Repeat the above step and flash the Gapps zip file.
- Go back and select “Reboot system now”.
Your device should now boot into Slimbean 4.3 ROM. You can restore the apps and other data in the nandroid backup using Nandroid Manager.