We seem to have missed out the HTC giant in the course of covering updates of all phones along with their stock updates and a few custom ROMs which create a hype at the XDA forums or they are stable enough with some amazing features to be replaced by the stock ROM on your phone. If you own an HTC One X, you must be looking for a ROM that has the aforementioned features. Android Revolution HD is the ROM you need. It is based on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware with Sense 4.1 UI. In this post we will have a look at the features this ROM has along with the steps you need to follow to backup data and flash the ROM on your phone.
Following is video review of the ROM. Please note that the version used here is 11 while the current version is 12.
- Removed software (CPU) rendering – full nVidia Tegra 3 (GPU) rendering
- Fully optimized and tweaked
- ROOT (su + SuperSu Permissions – Thanks to chainfire)
- Unsecured boot.img
- Newest BusyBox
- RAM optimizations
- System signatures check enabled for system security and safety
- Improved virtual memory management
- Speed optimizations
- Enabled GPU UI rendering
- Data, cache and system partitions mounting tweaks
- Bloatware applications removed
- All /system applications updated to latest available
- All /data applications updated to latest available
- Improved camera performance
- Improved CPU governors performance
- Most optimal system scheduler
- Disabled kernel debugging for better performance
- ZRAM ready!
- Zipaligned (Improved RAM management)
- Zipalign on boot (for user applications on data partition)
- Fully de-odexed
- init.d scripts (BusyBox run-parts) support
- Auto init.d permissions set on boot
- sysro/sysrw commands support
- Excellent battery life!
- Improved EXT4 performance
- You can replace HTC boot animation with any custom one (or use ICS default)
- OpenVPN support
- 4EXT Recovery (Thanks to madmaxx82)
- Most up-to-date system files permissions
- Adobe Flash Player support for Ice Cream Sandwich
- Support almost 24h a day
- …and many more!
This ROM uses the Stock kernel.
I don’t think I need to say this but your HTC must be unlocked before you proceed with the installation steps.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. (Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.)
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
- Make sure your phone is not locked to any network!
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
Steps to Flash Android Revolution HD JB ROM on HTC One X
- Download the ROM from the original thread to your SD card.
- If your phone is S-ON, download boot.img file and flash it using the command “fastboot flash boot boot.img”. Read more about ADB Commands.
- Copy the ROM zip file to your SD card.
- Turn off your phone and boot it into recovery mode by pressing Volume Down + Power button.
- In the recovery mode, make a nandroid backup. If not this, you can see how to create nandroid backup without rebooting the device.
- After you have a nandroid backup, choose “install zip from SD card”>”Choose zip from SD card” and select the zip file you copied to your SD card in Step 3.
- After flashing is complete, go back and select “Reboot system now”.
You will now have Android Revolution HD custom ROM running on your HTC One X. If you face any issues, feel free to comment below.