ClockworkMod Recovery by Koush that lets android users to perform factory reset, wipe cache, create nandroid backups, install ROMs and much more has been compiled for LG Optimus L9 android phone. In case you own an LG Optimus L9, this post will help you install CWM on your device easily. artas182x at XDA forums has compiled this recovery and the entire credit for this goes to him. After you root your Optimus L9, CWM is the next step towards development as it helps you install custom ROMs on your phone by flashing zip files via the recovery mode. One such very famous ROM is the CyanogneMod 9 ROM which is already live for the Optimus L9 and can be installed on your phone using this ClockworkMod Recovery.
Unlike the Optimus L5 installation tutorial, this one does not require any ADB commands knowledge. The developer has provided an APK file using which you can install the app and hence the recovery via the user-friendly interface. Let us see how.
Please note that your device must be rooted before you proceed.
Regarding what works and what doesn’t, the developer says:
What is working:
- Backup and Restore
- Installing zip
- All partitions are mounted
- Internal SD Card fully working!
- SD-EXT partition (only ext3)
What isn’t working:
- External and Internal SD USB Mount (can’t be fixed because recovery don’t allow to mount mtp, copy files through adb or use this app to copy.
Steps to Install CWM on LG Optimus L9
- Download recovery installer apk file from XDA thread.
- Install the app on your phone.
- Tap Install/Update Recovery.
- Tap CWM (Stable version).
- Tap Yes, Install Recovery.
- CWM will be installed on your phone.
- To boot into recovery mode, turn off the phone and while you turn it on again, when LG logo appears and LEDs blink press and hold volume down button. Your phone will boot into recovery mode.
You can refer this video for more help:
To delete recovery on your phone:
- Delete /system/bootstrap directory
- Delete /system/bin/e2fck
- Rename /system/bin/e2fck.bin to e2fck
If you face any issues, feel free to comment below. Did you check out the CyanogenMod 9 ROM for Optimus L9?