Get CyanogenMod 10.1 Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (P3100/P3110/P3113)
The official Jelly bean OTA update for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 was leaked long back. After you had installed the official update, your tablet becomes unrooted and you may have to remove the bloatware but rooting it again. This will increase the performance of your tablet and make it much faster as it frees up some RAM space. But nothing is still better than CyanogenMod builds. After you install CyanogenMod ROM on your device, it becomes much faster than ever.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 has received some official builds of CyanogenMod 10.1 which gives you a taste of Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean. The ROM is available for all Galaxy Tab 2 versions including P3100, P3110 and P3113. The ROM is almost stable and at the time of writing, the only bug it has is that Bluetooth incoming call audio becomes silent after a few seconds. This issue might be fixed with an update so make sure you download the latest version of this ROM from the link given below.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. (Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.)
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Samsung Kies installed on your PC which anyways is required to get all the latest USB Drivers for your phone.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your tablet else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
- Make sure your device is not locked to any network!
- p3100: http://www.get.cm/?device=p3100
- p3110: http://www.get.cm/?device=p3110
- p3113: use p3110 builds
Steps to Install CM10.1 On Galaxy Tab 2
- Make sure you have installed the official CWM. You can do that using the “ROM Manager” app.
- Download the latest version of the ROM from the links given above.
- Copy the downloaded zip files to your SD card.
- Boot into CWM.
- Flash the ROM zip file in the recovery mode by going to “Install zip from SD card”>”"Choose zip from SD card” and select the ROM zip file.
- After flashing it, wipe data/factory reset. (Not recommended if you are coming from a CM10.1 ROM)
- Go back and select “Reboot system now”.
- Restoring apps using Titanium Backup may cause some issues and is not recommended.
To get Google apps, go to goo.im/gapps and download the gapps zip file. Flash it in the same way as mentioned above. You do not need to wipe data while flashing gapps.
If you face any issues with this, please leave a comment below.
For more updates, subscribe to us.