It has not been long since Sony Xperia Acro S was rooted and now we have a custom ROM for this device. It already comes with Ice Cream Sandwich version of Android and it may later get the Jelly Bean update. Bit before you get the official OTA update, you can start using a custom ROM on your device that is built upon CyanogenMod Android 4.1 Jelly Bean source. This has been made possible by the Free Xperia Project team which has been doing each and every wonder you would expect to keep your xperia in line with the latest.
The Xperia Acro S is the most powerful smartphone in the rugged up range of heavy duty phones viz. the DEFY, DEFY+ or the company’s own Xperia Active. The Xperia Acro S boasts one of the most developer friendly chipsets in the present scenario as we continue with this step by step tutorial to install CM10 Jelly Bean on your Sony Xperia Acro S smartphone. The best part about this ROM is that it is a stable build as you’ll notice the differentiable loss of failure issues or bugs.
About CM10 Jelly Bean ROM For Xperia Acro S
CM10 or Cyanogenmod 10 is the latest set of off-market firmware from the experts for the cause, the Cyanogemod team. CM10 is based on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean which is the latest of android and sports the best touch user interaction till date viz. “project butter” as the source platform for this latest edition of the adnroid OS. Project butter has been started to take user interaction to the next level and so far the promise goes, Google has really delivered by it’s word. CM10 adds some extensively useful utilities keeping in line with the raw android 4.1 experience.
Before you proceed with this tutorial, please make sure you have rooted you phone with the Pre-Installation keys are stated as under.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
Steps to Install CM10 Jelly Bean ROM on Sony Xperia Acro S :
- Download the ROM zip file from the here.
- Copy the downloaded zip to the root folder of your sdcard.
- If you have ROM manager installed, you can proceed via it or Boot into the recovery mode( turn off the SONY Xperia Acro S and hold the volume up button and power On the device so that you can enter the device in the recovery mode via the bootloader mode ).
- In the recovery mode, you can navigate using the volume buttons and select using menu/home button.
- Make a nandroid backup in recovery mode.
- Use these to navigate and select “Wipe” and then “Wipe data” and also consider wiping Dalvik cache if you don’t want to face “Low on memory” issues.
- Now, navigate through the interface choose “select zip from SD card” and select the zip file which we downloaded earlier.
- After it gets completed, you can flash the GAPPS file in a similar fashion and get back using the back button and select “Reboot” and you are done!.
If you are done with that, you are home 🙂 If your phone didn’t booted properly, clear the cache and try to reboot again.
If you followed the tutorial by the lines, you might be enjoying your phone with this brand new firmware and please do tell us about the goods and bads ( if any) on this ROM as we are always open for modifications as per the readers’ interests.
If you liked this post, please do not forget to pay some time and leave us a word in the comments section. Any suggestions/queries are always welcome 🙂