The HTC Flyer came up amongst the first breed of dual-core tablets but the thing which made it stand out amongst the dual core fleet was that HTC insisted in playing it out with an armv7 1.5GHz CPU along with android 2.3 Gingerbread topped up with HTC’s very own Sense v2.1 instead of going for the tablet friendly android 3.0 Honeycomb. The HTC Flyer to be true, cannot be treated to a face off against its dual core siblings in terms of HD playback or even some raw HD gaming. The hTC Flyer came up with HTC’s Scribe technology giving you the power to scribble around the 7.0″ display despite of the part of the interface you are hovering about. The hTC is not at all an android powerhouse but still carries out almost all the daily tasks put in front of it, without putting a sweat on its face.
Coming from the home of the Taiwanese giant, the HTC Flyer has grown up heavily in terms of popularity since it’s launch and subsequently, it has grown up in the developer’s community too. Here we are going to help you out with the installation of the latest from the developer’s land, CM10 Jelly Bean on you HTC Flyer tablet.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Steps to Install CM10 Jelly Bean on HTC Flyer Tablet
- Download the ROM zip file from the original thread.
- Copy the downloaded zip to the root folder of your sdcard.
- If you have ROM manager installed, you can proceed via it or Boot into the recovery mode by turning off your phone and pressing Volume down button + Power button.
- In the recovery mode, you can navigate using the volume buttons and select using menu/power button.
- Make a nandroid backup in recovery mode.
- Use these to navigate and select “Wipe” and then “Wipe data” and also consider wiping Dalvik cache if you don’t want to face “Low on memory” issues.
- Now, navigate through the interface choose “select zip from SD card” and select the zip file which we downloaded earlier.
- After it gets completed, get back using the back button and select “Reboot” and you are done!.
Please do not forget that this ROM is still under development and it is users like you who can help the developers to sort the bugs out as they are working as hard as they can on it.
Please don’t forget to put your queries/suggestions in the comments section. We would like to hear from you