The ZTE Blade was amongst one of the most favorite devices for the mobile carriers and was amongst the first androids to many of the millions who chose to shift to android but were short by their pockets. The ZTE Blade was launched back in the late 2010 and has been receiving some good developments in the software course and is amongst the first ARM v6 devices to taste the butter with some Jelly Bean toppings. Yes, obviously we are talking about a CM10 Jelly Bean ROM for this device and if you own it, you’re in for a treat.
This is not an official ROM and not everything works in this ROM. You may face some issues with this ROM but the ROM will be updated by the developers with time. You can download the ROM from the original thread, the link to which is present in the original thread. Since this is not an official update, you will also have to wipe data on your device to prevent force close errors and low memory issues. Before you wipe data on your phone, make sure you backup everything to your external memory using the steps under the pre-installation section.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
Steps to Install CM10 Jelly Bean on ZTE Blade
- Download the ROM zip file from the original thread.
- Copy the downloaded zip to the root folder of your sdcard.
- If you have ROM manager installed, you can proceed via it or Boot into the recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode, you can navigate using the volume buttons and select using menu/home button.
- Make a nandroid backup in recovery mode.
- Use these to navigate and select “Wipe” and then “Wipe data” and also consider wiping Dalvik cache if you don’t want to face “Low on memory” issues.
- Now, navigate through the interface choose “select zip from SD card” and select the zip file which we downloaded earlier.
- After it gets completed, you can flash the GAPPS file in a similar fashion and get back using the back button and select “Reboot” and you are done!.
Please make a note that this is not a final build as it is currently under development. So before flashing this ROM refer to the original thread as it’ll be users like you who will help the developers fix all the bugs as soon as they can.
Please don’t forget to leave your comments/suggestions/queries in the comments section. 🙂