We are back with a very special guest at our’s doorsteps, the Motorola Atrix, one of the powerhouses of the first fleet of dual cores, meanwhile, the first one to host a gigabyte of random access memory. Running on one of the most robust chipsets of it’s time, the nvidia Tegra2, this phone has still enough of fuel left in it’s tank to make most of the new age dual cores pull out some heavy sweat in order to match the veteran campaigner. A 1Ghz cortex-A9 dual core processor backed up by the highly efficient ULP GeForce GPU can cruise swiftly with most of the 3D action out there plus the first of it’s time, qHD display adds to the glory of the former Motorola flagship. Top notch connectivity plus some high profile addons make this phone a real worthy customer to the amount of development that it is receiving from the developer’s community.
As we all are aware of the fact that this phone has received some decent amount of development, we present to you the installation guide to the first Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean , Cyanogenmod 10 ROM for you Motorola Atrix.
Before proceeding, you must be having your phone’s Bootloader unlocked plus Rooted along with ClockworkMod recovery installed on your phone and of course, you must be knowing that this process voids the warranty of your phone. So, please proceed at your own risk.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
- You must have android-SDK installed with all the generic add ons.
- You should be having some experience in using the command-prompt.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Steps to Install CM10 Jelly Bean on Motorola Atrix
- Download the ROM zip file from the original thread ( link provided at the bottom of the post ).
- Copy the downloaded zip to the root folder of your phone.
- If you have ROM manager installed, you can proceed via it or Boot into the recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode, you can navigate using the volume buttons and select using menu/home button.
- Use these to navigate and select “Wipe” and then “Wipe data” and also consider wiping Dalvik cache if you don’t want to face “Low on memory” issues.
- Now, navigate through the interface choose “select zip from SD card” and select the zip file which we downloaded earlier.
- After it gets completed, get back using the back button and select “Reboot” and you are done!
So, if you’re done with all the steps mentioned above, in the given manner, you must be enjoying your new firmware. Please tell us about your experience with it plus queries/suggestions in the comments section 🙂
For more information and downloads, you can head on to the original thread.