We haven’t seen much development in the LG Optimus L3 community. There was a CyanogenMod 9 ROM and that too an official one which worked well on some devices but caused display issues in some. The reason was that LG updated the display drivers in new handsets but the CM ROM was built using old display drivers and hence the issue, too bad LG! However, there is a new Kernel that I was informed about by a friend of mine and a member of our Facebook Group, Vidur David who posted a screenshot of the device running at 1 GHz on stock ROM (LG L3 originally comes with a processor that runs at 800 MHz). He also reported that the device runs pretty smooth after flashing this custom kernel which also has Swap support. This means that if you use the Swapit RAM expander app, you can increase your device’s RAM by creating a simple Swap file on your SD card.
Sounds interesting? Lets proceed with the flashing.
People using CyanogenMod 9 ROM, please flash this kernel. It has the same features and fixes the blurred screen issue![box_light]We are not responsible for anything damage you might incur with the following process, try it at your own risk. Vidur has test this kernel and his device works on new display drivers. He could not install the CM ROM but is happy with this kernel as of now. Before you flash this kernel, I recommend you to backup everything using our backup guide. A nandroid backup is much appreciated.[/box_light]
Steps to Flash the Custom Kernel
- Download the kernel zip file and place it into your device’s SD card.
- Boot your device into recovery mode. If you don’t have CWM recovery installed, read this.
- Make a nandroid backup in recovery mode. You will need a lot of space in your SD card for this. Please do not comment below saying that you bricked your device and don’t have a backup, you will not receive any reply in that case. Read our unbricking guide instead.
- After you have made a nandroid backup, go to “Install zip from SD card”>”Choose zip from SD card” and flash the kernel zip file you placed in your SD card in Step 1.
- Go back and select “Reboot system now”.
- Install No Frills CPU from Play Store and overclock your phone as seen in the screenshot above.
Do comment below with your feedback about this ROM. If you face issues with this, we will be happy to help you (don’t forget backups).
P.S We are not aware who built this kernel. If you are the developer of this kernel, please contact us.
Latest posts by Lalit Indoria (see all)
- [APK DOWNLOAD] Google Play Store 4.5.10 With IAP Indicator, Activity Sharing & More - December 6, 2013
- [DOWNLOAD] Android 4.4.1 OTA Update Rolling Out to Nexus Devices - December 6, 2013
- [DOWNLOAD] Official CyanogenMod 11 M1 Rolling Out To Nexus Devices Today - December 6, 2013