While the official Cyanogenmod 9 treatment given to the LG Optimus L9 was a great success, the Cyanogenmod team seems to be in a mood to keep delivering joy to the owners of the mid ranger. This is an official Cyanogenmod 10.1 ROM for the LG Optimus L9 which can be flashed onto your phones via any Custom Recovery.
Cyanogenmod 10.1 or CM10.1 is the latest set of off-market firmware available from the Cyanogenmod team which is based on the latest of the Android platform, Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Although the Cyanogenmod ROMs hold to the vanilla Android interface, they can be highly customizable. Apart from the aesthetics, Cyanogenmod ROMs are also known for their flexibility as they can work upon numerous tweaks at once which can come in very handy in increasing the performance of your device.
If you are done with that, let us proceed with our tutorial.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
For installation of ClockworkMod Recovery on Jelly Bean, follow this link.
Steps to Install CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM on LG Optimus L9
- Download the Official CM10.1 Jelly Bean ROM zip file from the original download page.
- Copy the downloaded zip to the root folder of your sdcard.
- You can boot into ClockworkMod recovery by turning off your phone and pressing the Volume Down button + Menu button + Power button simultaneously.
- In the recovery mode, you can navigate using the volume buttons and select using menu/home button.
- Make a nandroid backup in recovery mode.
- Use these to navigate and select “Wipe” and then “Wipe data” and also consider wiping Dalvik cache if you don’t want to face “Low on memory” issues.
- Now, navigate through the interface choose “select zip from SD card” and select the zip file which we downloaded earlier.
- After it gets completed, you can flash the GAPPS file in a similar fashion and get back using the back button and select “Reboot” and you are done!.
If your phone rebooted successfully, your phone is now running the latest of the Android platform flavored in Cyanogenmod fashion and that too backed up by some official support by the cyanogenmod team itself! If you faced any bootloops/errors during the flashy part, it is recommended for you to wipe everything up and start the process from the scratch.
For further assistance you can leave your queries in the comments section or you can contact the author on Google Plus or you can head over to our Facebook page for some quick help either from us or the community members!