Are you ready for Android 4.1 CyanogenMod 10 style? Well, most of you might have received a CyanogenMod 10 Jelly Bean custom ROM on your device by now. However, the official CM10 ROMs haven’t been made available as of now. CyanogenMod has revealed the boot animation that they will be using in all CyanogenMod 10 ROMs that they would release officially.
The new boot animation by CyanogenMod looks awesome and obviously much better than the previous versions (who doesn’t love changes?). A few might wonder what’s the big deal with boot animations – you see them only when you power on your device. Perceptions differ and we might love to change boot animations for our phone quite often – that’s an advantage of the open source nature of Android.
Here is the teaser of the boot animation
How To Install CyanogenMod 10 Boot Animation?
- Download CM 10 Boot Animation – Rapidshare | Mediafire | 4shared. LG Optimus Me users can refer an easier thread at our forums.
- Within the zip file you will find two folders – Horizontal & Vertical. It is understood that the horizontal animation is for tablets and vertical for mobile phones.
- Within these folders you will find folders with various resolutions like 240, 32 etc. I used 320 for LG Optimus Me.
- After you open the folder that says the resolution of your screen, you will find a bootanimation.zip file.
- Copy the bootanimation.zip file to your SD card.
- Using Root Explorer, delete the bootanimation.zip file that exists in /system/media folder and replace it with the new one that you have copied to your SD card in Step 5.
- If you find this difficult, you can refer my previous post on how to change boot animation using boot manager.
- Reboot your device.
In case you are not able to do it, let me know in the comments section below and I will be happy to help you! 🙂