As of now, the ROM does not have a working FM radio which is a common issue in most CM ROMs. Apart from this, the Notification bar doesn’t render smooth and it lacks stereo sound on the hardware speaker. More issues can be seen here.
Download the ROM zip file and Gapps from the following two links:
It is recommended to have a backup before you flash this ROM as all data will be wiped if you follow this tutorial. You can create a nandroid backup using OBackup and restore data using Nandroid Manager. For more, you can refer our Android data backup guide.
- Make sure you have unlocked the bootloader of your Xperia S, if not, visit unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com
- Your device should be rooted and CWM installed.
- Download the ROM zip file and Gapps zip file. Place it in the device’s storage.
- Boot your device into recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache and dalvik cache from Advanced menu.
- Go to “Install zip from SD card”>”Choose zip from SD card” and select the ROM zip file.
- Repeat the previous step and flash the Gapps zip file.
- Go back and select ‘Reboot system now”.
Your Sony Xperia S should now boot into CM 11 Android 4.4. If you face any issues, feel free to comment below or refer the original thread on XDA forums.