Google Drive has been in the news for quite some time now and it considered to be a strong competitor of Microsoft’s SkyDrive. For your information, Microsoft has increased the storage of SkyDrive from 7GB to 25GB after the introduction of Google Drive. And as a counter attack, Google has released an Android app for Google Drive.
Google Drive lets you create docs online and you can also store your files on Google’s servers. To know more about it, check Google Drive. Her will be sharing some features of Google Drive which is also available on Google Play Store. If you don’t have an internet connection on your phone, you may not be able to download it from Play Store, instead you can download Google Drive APK file from the link below.
Features of Google Drive
Keep everything. Share anything.
*** Google Docs is now a part of Google Drive! ***
* Keep everything. Share anything.
* With Google Drive, you can store all your files in one place, so you can access them from anywhere and share them with others
* Use the Google Drive Android app to access your photos, documents, videos and other files stored on your Google Drive
* Upload files to Google Drive directly from your Android device
* Share any file with your contacts
* Access files others have shared with you on Google Drive
* Make any file available offline so you can access them even when you don’t have an Internet connection
* Create and edit Google documents with rich text formatting
* Edits to your Google documents appear to collaborators in seconds
* Make quick changes to spreadsheets
* View your PDFs, presentations and more
* Upload and convert files to the Google Docs format
* Take a photo of printed text and convert it to a Google document
* Optimized experience to take advantage of larger screens for tablet users, Honeycomb (Android 3.0+)
Install Google Drive App on your Android Phone
- Download a file manager application on your phone. Non rooted users can use ASTRO File Manager and rooted users can use Root Explorer.
- Copy the APK file to your phone’s SD card using USB Data cable.
- Using File Manager app go to the location where you downloaded the file and tap on the file.
- Tap on install and Google Drive will be installed on your Android phone.