A few months after the international HTC One received Android 4.3 update, the Verizon HTC One falls in line and the OTA update has started rolling out to devices today. The update does not come with Sense 5.5. Verizon HTC One users can expect Sense 5.5 only with Android 4.4 KitKat update that might roll out anytime next year.
@Llorente19850 Hi Aaron, Sense 5.5 will come with Kitkat (4.4).
— Mo (@moversi) December 13, 2013
The update changelog is as follows:
KEY ISSUES HAVE BEEN RESOLVED
– Increased charging speed when using Mophie Juicepack power station
– Corrected faint ringing noise from earpiece
– Play purchased ringtones
– Connection error fixed in the HTC Watch application
– View the correct date using the all day calendar reminder
– Conjunction words are better recognized on device keyboard
– Backup Assistant performance
KEY OS ENHANCEMENTS
– VZ Cloud App is now preloaded
– Back up contacts, photos, text messages and call logs
– Transfer that content to your new phone or if other is lost/stolen
GALLERY>VIDEO HIGHLIGHT IMPROVEMENTS
– Add your own music tracks to Video Highlights video
– Simply tap Menu>Select Music to choose a song from your collection
In case you haven’t received the update yet, you can go to Settings>About phone and check for software updates. In case you have an unlocked bootloader or a custom ROM running on your HTC One, there are very less chances that you will receive the update Over The Air (OTA). In that case you can flash the update manually.
Please note that flashing this update will revoke root access in case your device was already rooted. Also, if you get stuck on boot, you may have to wipe data. Hence we recommend you backup data on your Android device by reading our data backup guide. Rooted users can use OBackup to create a nandroid backup and restore data using Nandroid Manager.
Flash the OTA Update Manually
- Download 2.10.605.1 firmware.zip and place it in the ADB folder. Rename the file to firmware.zip In case you don’t know how to run ADB commands, read this.
- Turn off your HTC One to boot it into fastboot mode. (Volume down and power until menu appears, select fastboot using power button)
- Connect the device to the computer via USB and start Command Prompt in the same folder where you have the ADB and firmware zip files.
- Enter the following commands in command prompt:
fastboot oem rebootRUU
- The above command boots the phone into RUU mode. Now flash the firmware zip file using the command:
fastboot flash zip firmware.zip
- If it says the update did not finish, repeat Step 5.
- The flash process might halt somewhere between 75%-90% which is normal. After this, you need to reboot the device for which you can enter the following command:
- Disconnect the device from PC and reboot it normally.
Your Verizon HTC One should now be running official Android 4.3 firmware. In case you face any issues, feel free to comment below.