Samsung Galaxy S2 is seeing a lot of Ice Cream Sandwich Updates as Samsung is pushing ICS updates to Galaxy S2 devices all over the world. It has been around a month that Samsung is rolling out ICS updates and this time Thailand and Singapore users can update their Galaxy S2 with Ice Cream Sandwich. This version of ICS is named as DXLP9 and in this tutorial we will see how to install DXLP ICS firmware on Samsung Galaxy S2 GTI9100.
Please note that this firmware can be applied only on Samsung Galaxy S2 GTI9100, which is the international version of Galaxy S2. Please do not try this with any other variation of Samsung Galaxy S2 as you may brick your device.
Also note that if you have already rooted your device, the root access will be revoked after applying this firmware and you will have to root your phone again, the tutorial for which is coming on this blog soon.
Regarding loss of data, let me tell you that you will not need to wipe data because this is an official firmware and not a custom one. But if you are on a custom ROM right now, you will need to wipe data after applying this firmware to get rid of force close issues.
It is very unlikely that you will lose any data on your device but if you are stuck at some position you may need to perform a factory reset. Having a backup is good in such situations!
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk.
Steps to Install DXLP9 ICS Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S2
- Download DXLP9 ICS Firmware for Samsung Galaxy S2 and also Download Odin if you don’t have it downloaded already.
- Extract the contents of the zip file to a separate folder in your PC.
- Turn off your phone.
- Boot it into download mode. To do this, press the Volume Down + Center button + Power button.
- Open Odin and then connect your phone to the PC.
- The ID:Com section in Odin must turn yellow. If it doesn’t please do not proceed to the next step.
- Click on PDA and select the .md5 file as obtained from extracted contents of the zip file. Also check Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time in Odin.
- Click on Start and the DXLP9 Firmware will be flashed on your Samsung Galaxy S2.
If you face force close issues, boot into recovery and wipe cache and then reboot again.
If you face any issues, feel free to use the comments section below