This for the happiness of HTC One X+ users and readers of Hack My Android who have requested for a custom ROM for HTC One X+. Thanks to Football , a recognized contributor at XDA Developer forums who has developed the first custom ROM for HTC One X+ after the device went official back on 2nd October and named it Maximus+. No doubt. it runs on Android 4.1.1 stock firmware provided by HTC and a Sense 4+ UI.
This post will help you in installing the ROM successfully on your device but only if you follow all of the steps given below properly. We do not want your device to be bricked, but in case you face any issues, the comments section is always for you – don’t you dare miss reading the backup section!
Before you go ahead and install this ROM on your HTC One X+, head over to the rooting tutorial to root it. The same tutorial also explains how to unlock the bootloader of your device.
Yes, your device is not under warranty anymore!
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be done by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
Steps to Install Maximus+ Custom ROM on HTC One X+
- Download any one of the custom kernels (boot.img files) given here. To flash the Kernel, place the boot.img file in the folder where you have ADB and fastboot files. If you think I am not making any sense, you may read this.
- Flash the boot.img file by connecting your phone to the PC in bootloader mode and entering the command “fastboot flash boot boot.img”. If you don’t know how to boot your device in fastboot mode, you may use the command “adb reboot bootloader” while your device is turned ON and connected to the PC with USB Debugging enabled.
- So now when you have flashed a custom kernel, download the ROM zip file and place it into your phone’s SD card.
- Boot into bootloader mode again and select “recovery” option to enter the recovery mode.
- Important: Make a nandroid backup in recovery mode. Please don’t comment saying that you forgot to take a backup. Something written in red is always important and shouldn’t be skipped.
- After backing up everything, wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache and dalvik cache.
- Now, go to “Install zip from SD card”>”Choose zip from SD card” and select the zip file you copied to your SD card in Step 3.
- Flash the zip file in the next screen.
- Go back and select “Reboot system now”.
Your phone must now be running Maximus+ custom ROM. For any issues which you think aren’t addressed by the steps I have given above, you may comment below or head over to the original thread.