If you own a Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 and like Samsung Galaxy S3 UI, this ROM would satisfy your needs. The REMICS S3 ROM for Xperia X10 gives you a Samsung Galaxy S3 feel on your phone. The ROM has the same touchwiz UI which Galaxy S3 has including the shutter sound, boot animation, ringtones and much more, thanks to Team RemICS. In this post we will tell you how to install this custom ROM on your Sony Ericsson Xperia X10.
Since this is a custom ROM, it may have some bugs. The bugs can be found on the original thread , the link to which is present in the Installation instructions below.
Before you install this ROM, let us have a look at some screenshots of how this ROM would look like on your Xperia X10.
Features of REMICS S3 ROM or Xperia X10
The features as given by the developer:
Samsung GALAXY S 3 Like UI
Samsung GALAXY S 3 TouchWiz Nature UX Launcher
Samsung GALAXY S 3 Stock Wallpapers
Samsung GALAXY S 3 Live Wallpapers – Deep Sea and Luminous Dots
Samsung GALAXY S 3 UI Sounds
Samsung GALAXY S 3 Shutter Sound
Samsung GALAXY S 3 Lock , Unlock Sounds
Samsung GALAXY S 3 Icons
Samsung GALAXY S 3 Ringtones
Samsung GALAXY S 3 Alarms
Samsung GALAXY S 3 Notifications
Samsung GALAXY S 3 S-Voice App
Samsung GALAXY S 3 Like Phone Dialer
Samsung GALAXY S 2 Style Call Receive
TouchWiz like Status Bar
Andrew Neal’s Version of DeskClock
Tweaked SystemUI and framework-res
Edited Phone , Contacts , Camera , Messaging App
Apollo Music Player
Black Hole Live Wallpaper
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users have a better option of using Titanium Backup.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
Steps to Install REMICS S3 ROM on Xperia X10
- Download the Kernel, Color Fix and ROM zip files from the original thread.
- Copy all the three zip files to your phone’s SD card.
- Turn off your phone and boot it into recovery mode. If you do not know how to boot it into recovery mode, you can use the Quick Boot (Reboot) App.
- After you boot into recovery, make a nandroid backup.
- Go to “Install zip from SD card”>”Choose zip from SD card” and select the Champ Kernel zip file.
- After you have flashed the kernel, wipe all data/factory reset.
- Now flash the ROM zip file followed by the color fix zip file in the same way as you flashed the kernel.
- Go back and select “Reboot system now”.
Your Xperia X10 must now be runinng REMICS S3 ROM giving you an S3 feel on your X10. If you face any issues, feel free to comment below 🙂