The Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 is one of the most popular devices from Samsung and since it is popular, it receives huge developer love. Custom ROMs are great and even more when it is CyanogenMod 10.2 that is built on Android 4.3 source code. Samsung Galaxy S3 has now received an unofficial build of CyanogenMod 10.2.
An unofficial build means that the ROM has not been made by the people behind the CyanogenMod team and hence you may face some bugs although the developers claims to have fixed all bugs. Before you install this ROM on your device, it is required that you have it rooted. Only official CWM recovery of Philz recovery is recommended by the developer to install this ROM. You can expect all stock features of Android 4.3 in this ROM and the credit for building this ROM goes to temasek on XDA-Developer forums.
Disclaimer: Rooting the phone and installing custom ROMs voids the warranty of your device. The developer of the ROM and Hack My Android are not responsible for any damage your device might incur during this process. Proceed at your own risk.
Steps to Install CM 10.2 Android 4.3 on Galaxy S3
- Download the ROM and Gapps zip files from the original thread.
- Place the downloaded zip files in your device’s SD card.
- Boot your phone into recovery mode. You can do this via an ADB command adb reboot recovery or you can turn off the phone and press volume up and center button simultaneously while booting up the phone.
- In recovery mode, wipe data, cache and dalvik cache. You can also wipe system from “Mounts and storage” if you are on a Samsung firmware originally.
- Go back and select “Install zip from SD card”>”Choose zip from SD card” and select the ROM zip file and flash it.
- Repeat the above step to flash the Gapps zip file.
- Go back and select “Reboot system now”.
Your phone must now boot into CM10.2 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. In case you face any issues, feel free to comment below or join our Facebook group to get help from the community.