Sony Xperia S is the next phone to get MIUI Ice Cream Sandwich ROM after Xperia Arc/Arc S. MIUI ROMs are pretty smooth and fast when they come from the official Chinese community. This community has now released an MIUI ROM for Sony Xperia S and in this tutorial we will let you know the steps that need to be followed while installing this ROM. We’ll also let you know how to backup data on your phone before you install this ROM.
Since this is a custom ROM, you may face a few issues with some apps. I haven’t seen people giving any negative feedback about this ROM, though. Installing a custom ROM will void the warranty of your device.
You will need to wipe all data on your phone before you install it to prevent low memory and force close issues. Hence, it is recommended that you backup data before you proceed with the installation steps.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
Steps to Install MIUI ICS ROM On Sony Xperia S
- Download the ROM from this link (Click on “miuiandroid_LT26i-2.9.7.zip”) and download the zip file.
- Also download CWM.zip file from Mediafire.
- Copy both the zip files into your phone’s SD card.
- Boot your phone into recovery mode. An easier method to do this is to use the Quick Boot (Reboot) App.
- In the recovery mode, make a nandroid backup so that you can revert back to your current ROM if you wish to.
- Now wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition then go into mounts and storage and format system data and cache then go into advanced and wipe dalvik cache.
- Go to “Install zip from SD card”>”Choose zip from SD card” and select the ROM zip file that you had moved to your SD card in Step 3.
- After this, flash the CWM.zip file in similar way.
- Go back and select “Reboot system now”.
Your phone must now be running MIUI ICS ROM. If you face any issues, feel free to comment below 🙂