Already taking the spotlight off from the big guns at the XDA forums courtesy the Firefox OS port, the HTC Explorer/Pico(Whatever you call it!) has been doing quite well at the development forums as if you go on counting the number of ports(And I mean the better ones!) that this device has received can easily turn the heads down of most of the devices that exist within it’s class. We have the regularly updated HTC Sense 4.0a ROM, the MIUIv4 ROM(ICS/JB) and now we have this MIUIv5 ROM for the little Pico which seems to me as the best piece of UI customizations that I’ve ever come across.
Done with the introductory part, let us have a look at the screens that we have.
NOTE: Please take care that as this ROM is still under development, you may come across a few bugs here or there. In that case, you can report the bugs and help the developers as they are working hard and out to get it done as fast as possible!
[box_light]Before you proceed with the installation, we recommend you to backup all data on your phone. To make backups easily, you can read our complete backup guide. If you do not have device drivers installed, you can download them here. We are not responsible for any damage your device might face with this guide – the chances in this case are very less though.[/box_light]
Steps to Install MIUIv5 Android 4.1 Jelly Bean ROM on your HTC Explorer:
- Download the latest version of the ROM zip file from here.
- Connect your HTC Explorer to the Computer via USB Cable and copy the ROM zip file to your internal sdcard which is the /sdcard/ folder.
- Disconnect your device from the PC and turn it off.
- Boot your device into ClockworkMod Recovery mode.
- Make a nandroid backup in the recovery mode so that you can revert back if you wish to.
- Wipe everything up or do a factory reset and wipe Dalvik cache if your want to avoid “low on system memory” problem.
- Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to the internal sd card.
- Flash the zip file.
- Go back and select “Reboot system now”.
Please make a note that this boot up make take a bit longer than usual and hence be a little patient. If your phone booted up properly, let it get stable for a minute or two and hey! you’re home! Further, you can head to the original thread for more on this ROM. Feel free to leave your queries in the comments section or you can contact the author on Google Plus or you can head over to our Facebook page for some quick help either from us or the community members!