As promised, the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update for the Micromax Canvas 2 A110 seems to be arriving on time. Although it seems like a miracle to your eyes but to believe it, you gotta taste it yourself! Unlike the bigger OEMs, the subcontinental multinational has delivered it’s part of loyalty back to it’s customers that showed some sort of faith in the Superfone whereas the bigger names still await their bit of official Jelly Bean to be served.
We had already done a detailed analysis of the phone’s features and performance as well as posted a quick tutorial to get the phone rooted. Now as Micromax has started to seed the promised Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update for it’s best selling phone till date, we are here to help you get through the flashing process without breaking a sweat.
Let us have a quick look at what this update has to offer us:
- Memory Issues Fixed.
- Increased Storage for your applications.
- Little to no UI changes(no more m!store as reported by some users!).
- Project Butter.
Done with that, let us proceed towards the interesting part.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
- Make sure your phone is not locked to any network!
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
How to Install Official Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Manually On Micromax Canvas 2 A110:
You should start by downloading the required files for the process from the links given below:
- Windows Drivers for Micromax Canvas 2 A110: Click here.
- The Flash Tools required to get through the process (SP Flash Tools): Click here.
- The Required Update Package (Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update package): Click here.
Note: You’ll need to use the following User details: Username: mxlive Password: M!cr0m@xlive.
Done with that, put all the downloaded files in a separate folder on your PC and run SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1220.01\Flash_tool.exe after installing the driver set for the device. Now in the Flash tool, click on options and enable USB mode and again follow Options>DA Download All > Speed > Force to high speed. Now switch off the device and connect it via the supplied USB cable once you’re done with the downloading part. If you have followed every step correctly till now, the flashing process will start. It is recommended for you to be a little patient with this part as any bad activity like disconnecting your phone/removing the battery can lead to unavoidable damages to your phone which may include a burnt NAND. As the process gets completed, an OK message will pop up on your screen while you’ll also get a green circle on your phone’s display indicating the success of the installation. Now remove the cable and try restarting your phone. This boot may take a bit longer than usual as the phone will have to refresh the entire file system with the newer firmware. Now if your phone booted up properly, give it a minute or two to settle down and prepare the SD card in order to avoid any data loss/ lags and Voila! You’re home.
If you faced boot loops or your phone screen didn’t showed up, you must start afresh right from the beginning of the flashing process.
Please let us know about any further software/performance changes that you witnessed on this new piece of software. Also, feel free to leave your queries in the comments section or you can contact the author on Google Plus or you can head over to our Facebook page for some quick help either from us or the community members!