I do understand how difficult it is for you to wait for the official Jelly Bean update for your Galaxy S2 I9100 when Samsung keeps on delaying it. Well, you may now put an end to your wait, XDA forum member izap has some leaks to share with you and yes, it’s the official Jelly Bean build for your Samsung Galaxy S2 (there is CM10 already) which will be available as an OTA update on your phone perhaps after a few months. Without having to wait till then, you may now go ahead and get Android 4.1.2 running on your phone – we guide you through the process in case you aren’t familiar with flashing ROMs to your phone.
Make sure you backup everything on your phone because this installation will wipe everything on your phone (not the external memory). A nandroid backup is the best option provided you have enough space on your SD card.
This ROM is an official Jelly Bean leak and hence you may face no bugs. Please do not flash this ROM on any other variant of Galaxy S2. This is only for the international variant of Galaxy S2.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be done by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
Steps to Install Official Jelly Bean on Galaxy S2 I9100
- Download the ROM zip file from here.
- Extract the files to a separate folder in your PC.
- The file which has “PDA” in the name might have a different extension. You need to change the extension to .tar so that it can be used with Odin. Odin is also included in the zip file you downloaded. If not, you may download it from elsewhere.
- Turn off your phone.
- Boot it into download mode. To do this, press the Volume Down + Center button + Power button.
- The ID:Com section in Odin must turn yellow. If it doesn’t please do not proceed to the next step. Instead, check for the drivers to be installed on your PC.
- In Odin, click on PDA and select the file that has “CODE” in the name, click on CSC and select the file that has “CSC” in its name and click on MODEM with the file having the same word in its name.
- Make sure you check “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset Time”.
- Click on Start.
The official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware will be flashed on your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100. If you face any issues, feel free to comment below.
Latest posts by Lalit Indoria (see all)
- Unofficial CyanogenMod 11 Android 4.4 for the LG Optimus L5 [E610/E612/E617] - December 11, 2013
- ZIPme Backs Up All Apps + Data on Your Device Into a Flashable Zip File - December 11, 2013
- Sony Xperia Z Ultra Now Available As a Google Play Edition, Starts at $649 - December 11, 2013