There have been quite a lot of custom ROMs for LG Optimus Me P350 and today yet another ROM has been added to the list. Our forums member Anton.Ramirez has come up with a beautiful ROM known as GingerDX. Anton along with Luis Akira Marin has also created the Windows Mango Tango ROM. Before you install a custom ROM, please make sure that you have the custom Recovery installed.
Also, before you install the ROM,, kindly make a nandroid backup of your current ROM so that you can revert back if you do not wish to stay with GingerDX. Alternatives to nandroid backup are available below:
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users have a better option of using Titanium Backup.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
Screenshots of GingerDX ROM
I just installed this ROM a few minutes back and found it really light and smooth and also has Sense 3.0 Lockscreen. As you can see above, 100 MB of RAM is free which means that you can have quite a lot of apps running in the background. This makes it easier to play games. The installation of the ROM is simple just like any other ROM. You need to download it from the link below, copy to SD card and flash via Recovery mode. Make sure you wipe data, cache and dalvik cache before installing this ROM.
To download this ROM and to report issues, head over to the original thread.