HTC Desire VC is a new phone from HTC running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich with some decent specs. In this tutorial we will tell you how to root HTC Desire VC in a simple way. There are a few advantages that might lure you to rooting the Android OS. You can remove bloatware (system apps) which HTC has stuffed in which is impossible without rooting the phone. You can also automate tasks using Tasker app or increase battery life by using Juice Defender app. Rooting has a lot of other advantages.
Before you root your HTC Desire VC, make sure you have unlocked the bootloader of your phone from HTCDev.com. Also make sure you have the necessary device drivers installed on your phone.
Rooting does not usually lead to loss of data but in case you get stuck in the middle of the process, you may need to perform a factory reset. Hence, it is advisable to backup all data to your SD card.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users have a better option of using Titanium Backup.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
Steps to Root HTC Desire VC
- Download the rooting package from here.
- Extract the contents of the zip file to a separate folder in your computer.
- Copy the root zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Turn off your HTC Desire VC.
- Boot into fastboot mode. To do this, turn off your phone and press Volume Down button + Power button together to enter the bootloader mode. Use Volume buttons to navigate and Power button to select the Fastbboot mode.
- Once your phone is in fastboot mode, connect it to the PC via USB Cable.
- Run the file recovery.bat. This will install CWM on your phone.
- Now turn off your phone and restart it in the bootloader mode and this time select the Recovery mode option to boot HTC Desire VC in recovery mode.
- From the recovery mode, select “Install zip from SD card”>”Choose zip from SD card” and select the root zip file you had copied to your SD card in Step 3.
- Flash the zip file, go back and select “Reboot system now”.
After rebooting, you will see that your phone is rooted. To verify the same, install the root checker app from Google Play Store.