LG Optimus Net is a wonderful Android phone from LG apart from LG Optimus Black being one among them. These are two phones from LG which is really like, though I do not like the stock apps which LG stuffs into the phones. A few of them are LG TV and some other updating apps which occupy unnecessary internal space. They also occupy a lot of RAM Memory which makes your phone slower. So to remove these apps you need Titanium Backup which requires root access. In this tutorial we will see how to root LG Optimus Net P690 easily. We will make use of Superoneclick which is a rooting tool and roots almost all Android phones.
It is very unlikely that you will lose any data on your device but if you are stuck at some position you may need to perform a factory reset. Having a backup is good in such situations!
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk.
Procedure to Root LG Optimus Net P690
- Download – Superoneclick 2.2 | LG Drivers
- Extract Superoneclick files to a separate folder in your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone and connect it to the PC using USB cable.
- Unmount your phone’s SD card. To do this, go to Settings>Storage>Unmount SD Card. This is important. If you do not do this, you may lose data on your SD card.
- Go to the folder where you had extracted Superoneclick files. You will find a folder “adb” in the extracted contents.
- Open the “adb” folder and right click on white space and select “Open Command Prompt here”. Alternatively, open Command Prompt and type cd [path to adb folder].
- Type the following commands in Command Prompt.:adb devices (press enter)(after this command you should see your device id)adb shell (press enter) (after this command you should see $ sign)$ echo 1 >/data/local/lge_adb.conf (press enter)
- Minimize Command Prompt. go to Superoneclick extracted folder and click on Superoneclick.exe
- Click on “Root” on the top left hand side of the window.
- You can reboot your phone after you get the following message “Killing ADB and restarting as root… enjoy!”
In this way, you can easily root LG Optimus Net P690. If you face any issues, feel free to comment below 🙂