HTC Thunderbolt has received a stable custom ROM which runs on Ice Cream Sandwich, thanks to XDA-Forum member liquid0624. The custom ROM is named as LiquidSmooth custom ROM and in this post we will tell you how to install this ROM. This ROM is stable but may have some minor bugs which are currently unknown. To find out the known bugs in future, kindly check out the original thread, the link to which is present in the installation instructions.
After flashing this ROM, the warranty of your device will be void. However, you can get it back by flashing the stock firmware.
Before you flash this ROM, let us have a look at its features as given by the developer:
- Extremely responsive, slim, resource friendly UI
- Backup/Restore Liquid Settings configurations so you can retain your customizations
- Liquid Settings,allows for manipulation, customization, and optimization of every area
- Incremental Navigation Bar width/heights to tweak the size just to your liking!
- Allows 5 Lockscreen Targets with customizable icons or ICS white icons
- Customizable Navbar background color,button glow speed, color keys
- PropModder, a new convient way to edit your build.prop!
- Native Overclocking/Undervolting Performance Utility
- Center clockmod/customizable color text options
- Customizable round battery icons with percents
- Native Kernel Gamma/Color Controls
- Tmobile Theme Engine Integrated
- Uniform ICS Theme Throughout
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
- You must have android-SDK installed with all the generic addons.
- You should be having some experience in using the command-prompt.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Steps to Install LiquidSmooth ICS Custom ROM on HTC Thunderbolt
- Download the ROM zip file from the original thread.
- Connect your phone to the computer and copy the zip file to the root of your SD card.
- Disconnect your phone from the PC and turn it off.
- Boot your phone into recovery mode. An easier method to do this is to use the Quick Boot (Reboot) App.
- In the recovery mode, make a nandroid backup that can be used to revert back to your current ROM.
- Now, wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to “Install zip from SD card”>”Choose zip from SD card” and select the ROM zip file you had copied to your SD card in Step 2.
- Flash it in the next screen.
- Go back and select “Reboot system now”.
Once your phone reboots, your HTC Thunderbolt must be running Ice Cream Sandwich. If you face any issues, feel free to comment below