We just posted about the Jelly bean themed ROM for LG Optimus One, but it isn’t fully stable – there are hardly any custom ROMs that are completely stable perhaps because they are developed by individuals and not the manufacturers. In that case, you may wish to revert back to a stable ICS ROM for your LG Optimus One and this post would be of great help if you wish to do that. The LG3 UI custom ROM is an Ice Cream Sandwich ROM for LG Optimus One P500 which is based on the previous releases of CM9 for this device.
Since this is a customROM, you may face some bugs. To know more about this ROM, read the intro and features posted by the developer on the original thread:
This is my very 1st ICS MOD and I themed it with the popular LG 3.0 similar UI for ICS, and also did some tweaking stuffs since ICS is not really comparable regarding on Gingerbread’s performance and smoothness for our beloved device, I tried hard to make it more smooth and similar to LG 3.0 basically as what I can gather for now and hopping to give more stuffs and improvements in the future.
That was a short intro about the ROM. The developer also posts answers to a few questions that you may have about this ROM:
Q: Why based it with PARANOID and not just CM9?
A: Ok may be you’ll wonder why I based it to PARANOIDANDROID, basically because of the feature per app density changer, I completely configured system and app density included with this ROM for the best result, and I had disabled the feature of PARANOIDANDROID which is tablet UI because I believe it wasn’t really meant for such small screen device, ONLY advance users can touch the configurations if you still want it, though you can switch easily because of my modification just enable tablet ui on paranoid settings and set system ui dpi to 120 under hybrid settings and you’ll get the right sized tablet ui.
Q: Where the HELL IS DSPMANAGER! UrGGhhh!?
A: Since I’m trying to make it look like LG 3.0 UI, I have to clean some icons that weren’t on the actual UI, DSPmanager is included and I just hide from the menus, To access it.. go to the music player, play some songs, press physical menu button, tap on Equalizer and there you go! DSPmanager!
Q: WTF! CAMERA Flickers!
A: Yes It does flick because of the auto Overclocking values I set, by default its 729Mhz at maximum So to resolved this issue, step down your max CPU frequency to 691Mhz below
Q: What about the annoying BUGS!?
A: All ICS bugs for our devices is present since I’m just using our great developers port, Well there also unique bugs only with this ROM, and thats Launcher random FC, but it loads again.. it just happens no big deal.
Q: This ROM is for those who?
A: Basically for an ICS lover users, who dont mind good video playback and uses their phone more often for basic use not more on gaming and benchmarking purposes.
- Based on CM9 RC1 (UPSTEAM) PARANOIDANDROID ICS 4.0.4
- LG 3.0 Icons (Themed each apps icons)
- LG 3.0 Launcher from L5 (Widget and icons automatically moves and fits on screen, same as in JB )
- LG 3.0 Weather Widget
- L7 Full UI, Notification, Ringtones sounds only
- L7 Wallpapers, Fonts and Boot Animation
- Additional Framework LG UI cosmetics
- Screen FADE effect enabled
- Jelly Bean like lockscreen pointer and settings ON OFF toggle
- Jelly Bean release Music Player as default media player
- Tablet Mode System Apps Layout
- Integrated tweaks and system optimizers specialy for ICS
- Improved Scrolling FPS
- Improved UI touch respond
- Disabled kernel error logging in background
- Disabled CPU soft rendering
- Disabled Google Reports
- Increased TCP buffer and signal reception (net speed, wifi, 3G tweaking)
- Increased Read ahed value
- Enabled battery saving tweaks
- Auto permission fixer, sqlite database optimizer integrated
- VM management tweaks integrated (resize value for heap size)
- Force enabled 16bit transparency and purging of assets
- Already Includes basic GAPPS (playstore, sync, talk etc..)
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
Steps to Install LG3 UI ICS ROM On LG Optimus One P500
- Download the latest version of this ROM and Gapps zip file from the original thread.
- Connect your phone to the computer via USB Cable.
- Copy the ROM zip file and Gapps zip file to your SD card.
- Disconnect your phone from the computer and turn it off
- Boot your phone into recovery mode.
- Make a nandroid backup in the recovery mode.
- Wipe data, cache and dalvik cache to prevent low memory and force close issues.
- Go to “Install zip from SD card”>”Choose zip from SD card” and select the zip file that you copied to your SD card in Step 3.
- Flash it in the next screen and repeat the same step to flash Gapps zip file.
- Go back and select “Reboot system now” option.
Having this done, you will have the LG3 UI Ice Cream Sandwich ROM running on your LG Optimus One P500. If you face any issues, feel free to comment below and I will be happy to help you 🙂