With Sony releasing the list of the lucky pack of Xperia phones that’ll be bagging in an official Android 4.1 Jelly Bean upgrade from Sony, there are still a bunch of people out there who cant wait to have there hands on the latest an best out there. In order to provide the cure for this itch, we got the SONY KXP(Kang Xperia Project) team working it out for provide to you these kanged builds of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean for your Sony Xperia S.
The Sony Xperia S has also been added to the list of devices which’ll be officially taken care by google which has opened up new possibilities for this wonderful device. Having one of the most robust chipsets of its time, this is a sure-shot all time blockbuster.
Not working/ Bugs:
- Hardware acceleration is still buggy.
- Triple buffering.
- Hotspot isn’t stable.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
Steps to Install AOKP Jelly Bean ROM on your Sony Xperia S:
- Download the zip file from the original thread.
- Copy the downloaded zip to the root folder of your sdcard.
- Boot into recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode, you can navigate using the volume buttons and select using menu/home button.
- Make a nandroid backup in recovery mode.
- Use these to navigate and select “Wipe” and then “Wipe data” and also consider wiping Dalvik cache if you don’t want to face “Low on memory” issues.
- Now, navigate through the interface choose “select zip from SD card” and select the zip file which we downloaded earlier.
- After it gets completed, you can flash the GAPPS file in a similar fashion and get back using the back button and select “Reboot” and you are done!.
If you’re done with all that’s mentioned above, you must be enjoying Android 4.1 on your phone. Please make a note that since this ROM is still under development, this may be a bit buggy. For more on this ROM, head-over to the original thread (link above).
If you found this tutorial useful, please leave us a word in the comments section :).