The Sony Xperia Sola is one among those devices that didn’t get the official Jelly Bean update from Sony, however developers have been working hard enough to get a stable working Jelly Bean ROM for the Xperia Sola and they have been successful. An AOSP (Android Open Source Project) ROM is now available for the Xperia Sola that is almost stable with one minor bug. More on this after the break.
AOSP ROMs are pure stock Android ROMs. They do not contain any modifications and hence you will be able to see that AOSP ROMs perform much better than any other custom ROMs, better than CyanogenMod or Slimbean ROMs too. You don’t get to see any bloatware in the ROM, no useless apps and absolutely no controls in the notification bar. You can obviously get these toggles in the notification bar by flashing some mods but the ROM basically doesn’t have any.
- Stock Android AOSP based
- Based on XNOVATHOR
- Xperia Honami Launcher
- Super Smooth
- Full Project Butter Implementation
- Added init.d Tweaks
- Added Build.prop Tweaks
- New stylish Shuttle Music Player
- The rom is a direct system dump of my phone
- Includes various tweakings done my me
- Video recording @16Mb/s
- Enabled Stereo Recording @ 192kb/s
- Strong battery life as compared to CM/AOKP/AOSP/PAC
- Runs Experimental kernel 9b
- Windows 95 Energystar bootloader bootanimation
- Camera app from MOTO X added
- Complete de-bloatation
WiFi shuts off during sleep: To avoid this keep an app active such as music player or plug your phone to charger in order to prevent it from sleeping
You should have rooted your Xperia Sola and installed a custom recovery on it.
Install Android 4.1.2 AOSP ROM on Xperia Sola
- Download the ROM and place it in your device’s storage.
- Read our data backup guide to make sure you don’t lose any data because installing this ROM requires data wipe.
- Boot into recovery mode and make a nandroid backup.
- Wipe data/factory reset in the recovery mode.
- Wipe cache partition, go to advanced menu and wipe dalvik cache.
- Go back and select “Install zip from SD card”>”Choose zip from SD card” and select the ROM zip file that you placed in your SD card in Step 1.
- Flash the ROM in the next screen.
- Go back and select “Reboot system now”.
Your phone should now boot into Android 4.1.2 AOSP ROM. It should be smooth and you shouldn’t be facing any issues except the one mentioned above. In case you face any issues, feel free to comment below.