Install ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) on LG Optimus L3 E400
We have already discussed about how to root LG Optimus L3 which was quite an easy task and so is the procedure to install ClockworkMod Recovery. You may wonder why you should install ClockworkMod Recovery on your phone. The answer is quite simple – we are coming up with yet another post that lets you install Official CyanogenMod 9 ICS ROM on your LG Optimus L3. It is straight from CyanogenMod team and can be installed on your phone only via CWM.
Also, if you have CWM installed, you can make a nandroid backup of your phone’s stock firmware. A nandroid backup backs up all data on your phone including the system files and boot.img. This should be done before you wipe data while installing a custom ROM like the CM9. Once you have installed the custom ROM, you can go ahead and restore data from the nandroid backup. This will restore all data on your phone while it is running on CyanogenMod 9.
Sometimes, you may be strangled while trying to install CWM and so we recommend you to backup data on your phone from the steps given below.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users have a better option of using Titanium Backup.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
Steps to Install CWM on LG Optimus L3 E400
Update: Since this process does not seem to work fine for some people, we recommend you to download ROM Manager and install CWM via the app. If you re unable to boot your phone, check how to unbrick LG Optimus L3.
- After you have backed up all data on your phone, download the necessary files for installation of CWM from here or from Mediafire.
- Extract the contents of the rar file to a separate folder in your computer.
- Make sure you have enabled USB Debugging on your phone as mentioned in the Prerequisites and then connect your phone to the computer via USB Cable.
- If you do not have the USB Drivers for your phone installed, your PC will not recognize your phone. Make sure you install them.
- After you connect your phone to the PC, head over to the folder where you have extracted the contents of the rar file and run the file CWM-installer.bat
- Your phone might reboot 3,4 or 5 times and finally the Command Prompt must read “Done” which proves that the installation is complete.
- So now you can boot into ClockworkMod recovery by turning off your phone and pressing the Volume Down button + Menu button + Power button simultaneously. An easier method is to use the Quick Boot (Reboot) App.
Once you have installed CWM, go ahead and taste ICS via CM9 from our next tutorial. If you face any issues, feel free to comment below.
via Eu Sou Android