It’s all what the users of the Google Nexus 4 and the whole development community have been waiting for and here it comes! Yes, after some flashy appearances by some third party ports of the ROM, the Cyanogenmod has finally released it’s reply to the whole scene and it is seeding now. The much awaited update for the Cyanogenmod firmware, the CM10.1 ROM is now available to be flashed as nightly builds for the Google Nexus 4. Based on Android 4.2, after some teasers, this ROM is finally making it’s way to a device in real-time.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
Steps to CM10.1 Android 4.2 Jelly Bean Nightlies ROM on your Google Nexus 4:
- Download ROM zip file from here.
- Copy both zip files to your SD card and turn off your phone.
- Boot your device into recovery mode and make a nandroid backup.
- After this, wipe data, cache and dalvik cache from the recovery mode.
- Go to mounts and storage menu and format /system.
- Select “Install zip from SD card”>”Choose zip from SD card” and select the ROM zip file. Flash it in the next screen.
- Flash the Gapps file in a similar fashion.
- Go back and select “Reboot system now”.
Well if you found any errors while going through the flashy part, simply reboot into recovery and repeat the whole procedure again as this is a nightlies ROM and since it is still under development, it may make you face some problems while if you got through the process smoothly enough till your phone rebooted successfully, you might be enjoying the fresh installation on your phone.
If you found this tutorial helpful or have any comments/suggestions to be made, please leave us a word in the comments section. We’ll be happy to help 🙂 .