Being the first superpower in the race is a big title to be held and hold up to. The Original Samsung Galaxy S could be considered as the father of the current revolution which has enabled the Korean Giant to spread it’s paws deep inside the industry, to which the mob has responded with a boom in terms of sale by beating the top dogs by a huge margin in almost all parts across the globe. The Samsung Galaxy S boasted the most robust 1Ghz single core configuration till date and proved out to be one of the toughest performers ever in each and every possible aspect and as a matter of fact, although the parent firm denied from the majestic handset to be capable enough to run even ICS smoothly, there is a whole bunch of developers @XDA who have been backing up this amazing device quite brilliantly.
This time the guys from the XDA community are back with the latest of Android, topped up with some Cyanogenmod flavorings which is cool enough to run your phone beyond it’s capabilities as the Android 4.2 promises to deliver. Since this is a nightly ROM, you can expect a few bugs here and there which will be rectified over nightly updates by the developer.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
Steps to Install CM10.1 Android 4.2 Jelly Bean ROM On Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000:
- Download ROM zip file from here and Gapps zip file from here.
- Copy both zip files to your SD card and turn off your phone.
- Boot your device into recovery mode and make a nandroid backup.
- After this, wipe data, cache and dalvik cache from the recovery mode.
- Go to mounts and storage menu and format /system.
- Select “Install zip from SD card”>”Choose zip from SD card” and select the ROM zip file. Flash it in the next screen.
- Go back and select “Reboot system now”.
If your phone rebooted successfully, you now have the latest and official Cyanogenmod working along Android 4.2 right there on your phone! If you faced any problems during the flashing process or want to know more about the ROM, you can head over to the original thread.
If you have any queries/suggestions to be made or need any sort of help regarding the flashy part, you can leave us a word in the comments section. We’ll be happy to help 🙂 .