Install CM10.1 Android 4.2 Jelly Bean ROM on Canadian LG Optimus G
It’s been clearly a one man army predating the big guns ever since this guy has surfaced the horizon. The benchmark dominating machine, LG Optimus G has almost demolished every single competitor that has showed enough of guts to get in line with this beast. Being the most powerful processing machine, the Canadian version of the LG Optimus G has finally received the first Cyanogenmod 10.1 port. Yes! that’s the Cyanogenmod counterpart of the latest version of the platform, Android 4.2 Jelly Bean!
About the ROM:
CM10.1 or Cyanogemod 10.1 is the latest set of off-market firmware from the best in the business, the Cyanogenmod team. Cyanogenmod ROMs are known for their high stability and speed. As this device is still new on the shelves, so is the CM10.1, there isn’t any official note on the official version of the device. This is an unofficial port which actually the first one for the device. As this ROM is still under development, you may face some bugs here and there but that’s natural as the developers are trying hard to get all of ‘em fixed as soon as possible. So, please help the community to grow but proceed at your own risk.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
Steps to CM10.1 Android 4.2 Jelly Bean ROM on your LG Optimus G:
- Download ROM zip file from here.
- Copy both zip files to your SD card and turn off your phone.
- Boot your device into recovery mode and make a nandroid backup.
- After this, wipe data, cache and dalvik cache from the recovery mode.
- Go to mounts and storage menu and format /system.
- Select “Install zip from SD card”>”Choose zip from SD card” and select the ROM zip file. Flash it in the next screen.
- Flash the Gapps file in a similar fashion.
- Go back and select “Reboot system now”.
If your phone booted up successfully, you’re through! You now have CM10.1 Android 4.2 Jelly Bean ROM on your LG Optimus G.
If you faced any problems or have any queries/suggestions to be made, you can leave us a word in the comments section .