As we already said that the life of a droid depends on it’s development community rather than on it’s manufacturing firm. This seems to hold indeed big time for the lives of big time small players viz. the Samsung Galaxy mini. While being one of the most popular picks amongst it’s batch at the forums, the device can surely give some serious competition to even the modern day flagships when it comes to the amount of development and the plethora of ROMs that this device possesses to boast about.
The device has already received stable builds of CM7.2, CM9 and even CM10 but as it goes, the mob is never satisfied with the feast. To the aid, we have this CM10.1 Android 4.2 Jelly Bean ROM for the Samsung Galaxy mini which can be taken as an exclusive possession as far as the category is concerned. The ROM is still under development so no doubt you can face a few bugs here or there but in my opinion, everyone should take a look at it in order to help the community keep growing!
Further, this ROM is a Cyanogenmod 10.1 Android 4.2 Jelly Bean ROM which is based on the latest set of off-market firmware from the Cyanogenmod team which is known for it’s high performance ROMs which deliver some extra bit of stability to the overall experience.
Now without getting into any sort of bragging rights regarding the ROM, let’ leap towards the installation process for the ROM on your phone.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Steps to Install CM10.1 Android 4.2 Jelly Bean ROM on Galaxy Mini.
- Download the ROM zip file from here and the Gapps file from here.
- Copy the downloaded zip to the root folder of your phone.
- If you have ROM manager installed, you can proceed via it or Boot into the recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode, you can navigate using the volume buttons and select using menu/home button.
- Make a nandroid backup in recovery mode.
- Use these to navigate and select “Wipe” and then “Wipe data” and also consider wiping Dalvik cache if you don’t want to face “Low on memory” issues.
- Now, navigate through the interface choose “select zip from SD card” and select the zip file which we downloaded earlier.
- Flash the Gapps file in a similar fashion.
- After it gets completed, get back using the back button and select “Reboot” and you are done!.
Holla! if your phone booted up successfully and is breathing properly, you can ignore a few hiccups and enjoy the latest of android on your device!
If you faced any problems or have any queries/suggestions to be made, leave us a word in the comments section. We’ll be happy to help .
for more on this ROM, you can head over to the original thread .
Latest posts by Goutam Dutta (see all)
- Sony Xperia Z1 Honami Press Render Shows Up: Metal Packed - August 25, 2013
- Yandex Shell Home Replacement App Review - August 23, 2013
- Friday: Your Personal Automated Journal [APP REVIEW] - August 20, 2013