Being the first of it’s kind and a worldwide bestseller, the Samsung Galaxy Note is definitely a milestone in it’s own for the mobile industry as it gave birth to a whole new niche in the hierarchy which we call as “phablets”. The robust 5-incher from the leading mobile manufacturer is no short to be crowned as the father of the new species. We all have loved the device as well as we know how much the successor is cashing in on it’s name but it seems the original daddy isn’t out of the game yet, seems there’s still a ray of hope for the ageing device.
We have this much awaited CM10.1 ROM ready to be flashed onto your device. Yes! You got that right, We are talking about a fully functional Cyanogenmod 10.1 Android 4.2 Jelly Bean ROM for the mighty Samsung Galaxy Note. This ROM is still under development so be assured enough to face a few bugs here and there, but as it goes, you’ll have to sacrifice a bit in order to earn “The Next Big Thing”.
About the ROM:
CM10.1 or Cyanogenmod 10.1 is the latest set of off-market firmware which is based on the latest version of the Android platform i.e. Android 4.2 Jelly Bean. Cyanogenmod ROMs are known for their extra stability along with some tweaks which improve the performance of the phone on the new platform by a huge margin. Since this is an unofficial Cyanogenmod 10.1 port, you may face a few issues.
For more details on this, you can head on to the original thread(link provided at the bottom of the post).
- Back up all applications using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the .apk files using ASTRO and later restore it after the completion of the process. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up your contacts to the SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have about a minimum of 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them activated.
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
Steps to Install CM10.1 Android 4.2 Jelly Bean ROM On Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000:
- Download ROM zip file from here and Gapps zip file from here.
- Copy both zip files to your SD card and turn off your phone.
- Boot your device into recovery mode and make a nandroid backup.
- After this, wipe data, cache and dalvik cache from the recovery mode.
- Go to mounts and storage menu and format /system.
- Select “Install zip from SD card”>”Choose zip from SD card” and select the ROM zip file. Flash it in the next screen.
- Go back and select “Reboot system now”.
Well, If your phone rebooted successfully, you now have the latest of Android running on your phone topped up with some Cyanogenmod toppings!
If you faced any kind of problems during the installation process or have any queries/suggestions to be made, you can leave your words in the comments section or you can head on to the original thread. We’ll be happy to help!