It is the HTC Explorer again that we have with us and is back in the business with somewhat the only possible port that was left to be done to this amazing little device. We have already followed up to you with the installation procedure of a wide variety of ROMs ranging from the ageing Cyanogenmod 7.2(That’s Android 2.3 Gingerbread for you!) to a successful Cyanogenmod 10 Android 4.1 Jelly Bean port along with the highly stable HTC Sense 4.0 port from the Desire C! It was just a matter of time that the developers took and here they are!
The developers are back with this piece of good news for us in the form of this Cyanogenmod 10.1 (that’s Android 4.2 for you!) for our Pico. Although this ROM is still in it’s alpha stage, you can expect to get a flavor of the latest piece of Android with a few bugs/freezes(the Camera being the biggest one!) here and there with the developers working hard and out to get all of them fixed as fast as they possibly can.
Screenshots:complete backup guide. If you do not have device drivers installed, you can download them here. We are not responsible for any damage your device might face with this guide – the chances in this case are very less though.[/box_light]
Steps to Install CM10.1 Android 4.2 Jelly Bean ROM on your HTC Explorer:
- Download the latest version of the ROM zip file from here.
- Connect your HTC Explorer to the Computer via USB Cable and copy the ROM zip file to your internal sdcard which is the /sdcard/ folder.
- Disconnect your device from the PC and turn it off.
- Boot your device into ClockworkMod Recovery mode.
- Make a nandroid backup in the recovery mode so that you can revert back if you wish to.
- Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to the internal sd card.
- Flash the zip file.
- Go back and select “Reboot system now”.
If your device booted up successfully, you can now taste the latest of Google confectionery on your device and in case you faced boot loops/any other problems while flashing, wipe everything up and follow the procedure again.
For more on this ROM and further details, you can head over to the original thread.
If you have any comments/suggestions to be made, please leave us a word in the comments section.