We had provided you with the Installation tutorial for Cyanogenmod 10 on the ZTE Blade but as the device stands amongst the top rated on the lot in the development department, the developers don’t seem to be in a mood to chuck the device for the time being. The WVGA Qualcomm MSM7227 wonder from ZTE has been one of the bestsellers around the world as well as a favourite to various carriers across the globe while the development that the device has been receiving is more than enough to keep it’s breath going along with a lot of ease as compared to it’s multinational branded counterparts.
As everyone knows, Cyanogenmod 10.1 or CM10.1 is the latest set of off-market firmware assembled and developed by the best in the business, the Cyanogenmod team which is based upon the latest from the Google confectionery, Android 4.2 Jelly Bean. Further, as this ROM is still under development, you can face a few bugs here and there. In that case, just bring it to the notice of the development community over the original thread where the developers are working hard and out to get all those bugs sorted out as fast as possibly they can! Now without going into furthermore of discussion on this, let’s begin with the installation process.
- Back up your apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can prefer using Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to the SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have a minimum of 60% of charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device which may result into bricking of your phone!
- Remove any sort of Security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. This can be done by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
[box_light]Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.[/box_light]
Steps to Install CM10 Jelly Bean on ZTE Blade
- Download the ROM zip file from here and the Gapps file from here.
- Copy the downloaded zip to the root folder of your sdcard.
- If you have ROM manager installed, you can proceed via it or Boot into the recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode, you can navigate using the volume buttons and select using menu/home button.
- Make a nandroid backup in recovery mode.
- Use these to navigate and select “Wipe” and then “Wipe data” and also consider wiping Dalvik cache if you don’t want to face “Low on memory” issues.
- Now, navigate through the interface choose “select zip from SD card” and select the zip file which we downloaded earlier.
- After it gets completed, you can flash the GAPPS file in a similar fashion and get back using the back button and select “Reboot” and you are done!.
If your phone booted up successfully after going through all that flashing stuff, you may be welcomed by the first setup screen which means you are all set to enjoy the latest of Android on your phone!
If you faced any problems or have any queries/suggestions to be made, you can leave us your words in the comments section 🙂 .