Install CM10 Android 4.1 Jelly Bean ROM on Sony Xperia J
Aimed at the youth and strengthening up the middle order, the Xperia J is a sure shot bestseller in making. This mid-ranger along with it’s siblings(viz. the Miro and the Tipo) has got all the potential to cause some serious damage to the market share of the current leader as the phone itself has got some hereditary class and expectations backing it up. The Qualcomm MSM7227A Snapdragon chipset and a complete mid range multimedia suite along with a promised Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update, this dude has got something to say. Android 4.1 Jelly Bean? Can’t wait for the official release? Hop on, we got something for you.
We have this Cyanogenmod10 Android 4.1 Jelly Bean ROM for your new Xperia J which has been developed under the FreeXperia Project (FXP) which is a group of developers who work hard and harder to bring the latest of Cyanogenmod releases to each and every possible Xperia phone that could be provided with the support.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
Steps to Install CM10 Jelly Bean ROM on your Sony Xperia J:
- Download the zip file from the original thread.
- Copy the downloaded zip to the root folder of your sdcard.
- Boot into recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode, you can navigate using the volume buttons and select using menu/home button.
- Make a nandroid backup in recovery mode.
- Use these to navigate and select “Wipe” and then “Wipe data” and also consider wiping Dalvik cache if you don’t want to face “Low on memory” issues.
- Now, navigate through the interface choose “select zip from SD card” and select the zip file which we downloaded earlier.
- After it gets completed, you can flash the GAPPS file in a similar fashion and get back using the back button and select “Reboot” and you are done!.
If your phone rebooted successfully, you might be enjoying Cyanogenmod10 Android 4.1 Jelly Bean ROM on your new Sony Xperia J. If you faced any problems during the flashy part or have any queries/suggestions to make, you can leave us your word in the comments section. We’ll be happy to help .