The Amazon Kindle Fire has spent over half an year now and still stands out as one of the most competent tablet in it’s class which it took by storm at it’s launch and we can ensure you, there’s yet another life left in this 7-inch dual core tablet from the house of the world’s largest online retailer. 7″ 16:9 IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen of WSVGA resolution (1024 x 600) pixels powered by quite a decent chipset with 512Mb of RAM on-board, this pocket-sized shopping fest can still be a deal breaker who want some good media experience on the go along with an all-boxes-checked connectivity suite.
One of the most fascinating facts about this 7 inch player is that this is the only tablet in the market which by far has come the closest to the Apple slates in terms of marketing and hype generated, which adds to the trust factor of the device (impressive indeed. ha? ).
Like all other Android devices out there, this one is no exception to the fact that popularity decides developer support. So, we are up here to present to you the latest from the developers, CM10 jelly bean(yes! you heard that right.) ROM for your Amazon Kindle Fire.
Before proceeding, you must be having your phone’s Bootloader unlocked plus Rooted along with ClockworkMod recovery installed on your phone and of course, you must be knowing that this process voids the warranty of your phone. So, please proceed at your own risk.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your tablet else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Steps to Install CM10 Jelly Bean on Amazon Kindle Fire
- Download the ROM zip file from the original thread ( link provided at the bottom of the post ).
- Copy the downloaded zip to the root folder of your tablet.
- If you have ROM manager installed, you can proceed via it or Boot into the recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode, you can navigate using the volume buttons and select using menu/home button.
- Make a nandroid backup in recovery mode so that you can revert back if you wish to.
- Use these to navigate and select “Wipe” and then “Wipe data” and also consider wiping Dalvik cache if you don’t want to face “Low on memory” issues.
- Now, navigate through the interface choose “select zip from SD card” and select the zip file which we downloaded earlier.
- After it gets completed, get back using the back button and select “Reboot” and you are done!
If You’re done with that, congrats! buddy. Now check whether you phone is booting properly or not. Not to mention, if you found any bugs in the ROM, you can head on to the original thread and post.
For downloads and more, you can check the original thread here.