With the Galaxies reigning the whole Android scenario, whenever you talk about the best amongst them till the date, it’s gonna be the former Samsung flagship, the Samsung Galaxy SII. While the former korean flagship set the smartphone sales charts on fire, another flame swept the whole development scenario as the GSII turned out to be one of the most developer friendly device till date.
Whatever variant of the GSII it may be, the development section is crowded by ROMs and Recoveries by developers from around the Globe. Despite of all the ROMs available out there, the only issue of concern is their stability and hence this comes out to be the reason enough to differentiate between ported ROMs and some official support from the best in the business, the Cyanogenmod Team.
We are definitely talking about an official CM10 Jelly Bean ROM for you dual core beast to squeeze out the best out of your device without having to care much about the usability or stability for the purpose.
What doesn’t work can be found here.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps. You can restore data of apps after rooting your phone.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
- Make sure your phone is not locked to any network.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process will void the warranty of your device.
Steps to Install CM10 Jelly Bean ROM on Galaxy S2 GT-I9100
- Download the ROM zip file from here.
- Copy the ROM zip file to your SD card.
- Turn off your phone.
- Boot your phone into recovery mode. To do this, press Volume Up button + Center button + Power button together.
- Make a nandroid backup in recovery mode. You can also make an online nandroid backup without booting into recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode, wipe data/factory reset. Also wipe cache and dalvik cache.
- Now, navigate through the interface choose “select zip from SD card” and select the zip file which you copied to your SD card in Step 2.
- Flash it in the next screen.
- Go back and select “Reboot system now”.
- If you are stuck in the boot animation, wipe cache from recovery mode.
This should install CyanogenMod 10 Jelly Bean on your Samsung Galaxy S2. If you face any issues, feel free to comment below and we will be happy to help you!