The Sensation was the first dual core flagship from the Taiwanese fleet that featured some heavy duty spec-sheet quoted by it’s name. It featured a 4.3″ S-LCD screen with a bumped up resolution(qHD was a distant winner at it’s age), 1.2 GHz dual Scorpion CPUs and the Adreno 220 GPU on the Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8260 chipset which put HTC directly into the race of dual core warheads. Since it’s launch, the HTC Sensation has been sharing screen space with the dual core beasts plus there is no way in which it’s development has seen a lag in the race.
We have already provided you tutorials for installing CM9 Ice Cream Sandwich on the HTC Sensation and now we are going to get you through the process of the recently released CM10 Jelly Bean ROM. This ROM is still under development so you can expect a few bugs and please install at your own risk.
About the ROM
CM10 or Cyanogenmod 10 is the recent release from the king of off-market firmwares, the Cyanogenmod team. CM10 is based on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, the latest from Google which is aimed at taking the touch-user-interface to the next level under Google’s “Project Butter”. Android 4.1 Jelly Bean feautres a few tweaks and improvements over the previous droid iteration, Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. This ROM is based on CM10 source code released by the Cyanogenmod team and also features some heavy customization over the source. Let us have a look at what this ROM has on the offering for us.
- Calls & data
- Hardware acceleration
- button lights
- Notification led
- Voice input (GNow)
- Video playback
- WiFi hotspot
What doesn’t works?
- Front camera
If you are done with the starters, let us proceed towards the main course for the night:
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
Steps to Install CM10 Jelly Bean ROM on HTC Sensation :
- Download the ROM zip file from the original thread.
- Copy the downloaded zip to the root folder of your sdcard.
- If you have ROM manager installed, you can proceed via it or Boot into the recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode, you can navigate using the volume buttons and select using menu/home button.
- Make a nandroid backup in recovery mode.
- Use these to navigate and select “Wipe” and then “Wipe data” and also consider wiping Dalvik cache if you don’t want to face “Low on memory” issues.
- Now, navigate through the interface choose “select zip from SD card” and select the zip file which we downloaded earlier.
- After it gets completed, you can flash the GAPPS file in a similar fashion and get back using the back button and select “Reboot” and you are done!.
If your phone booted up successfully, you are well home 🙂
Please mark that this is still a beta release and under development. So, you can expect a few bugs here and there while using the ROM, but no need to worry too much on that as the developers are working hard to get all the bugs fixed as soon as they can.
If you have got any Queries/Suggestions/Comments, Please leave your feedback in the comments section as we’ll be happy to hear from you and respond to whatever ask is put in front of us to keep improving 🙂