The revamped version of one of the milestones for the Taiwanese giants in the entry level handsets category, the sequel to the HTC Wildfire, the Wildfire S turned out to be an evenly matched contender in the entry level droid segment. The S-sized guy sported a measly 600mhz processor alongside the adreno 200GPU on the Qualcomm MSM7227 chipset, while the 512mb of RAM came out to be one of the edges that this guy had over all the competition.
Being such a potential contender in its segment, how can it go unnoticed by the Developer’s community? In complement to this statement, we are here with this step by step installation of a working CM10 build for your HTC Wildfire S.
About the ROM:
CM10 or Cyanogenmod10 is a set of off-market firmware developed and maintained by the Cyanogenmod team. Cyanogenmod ROMs are known for their high stability factor and some additional support over nightly or weekly updates. This ROM is based on the latest CM10 source which has been merged with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
- LQ YouTube playback
- Hardware acceleration
- SD Card mounting
- Mobile network
- Phone calling/SMS
- Streaming video
- EXT (Data2SD, Link2SD, A2SDX and similar) mod
- HQ YouTube playback causes operational lags
- Video camera doesn’t works
- Camera preview has graphic bugs, but pictures can be taken
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
Steps to Install CM10 Jelly Bean ROM on your HTC Wildfire S:
- Download the zip file from the original thread.
- Copy the downloaded zip to the root folder of your sdcard.
- Boot into recovery.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and flash the ROM zip file.
- Use these to navigate and select “Wipe” and then “Wipe data” and also consider wiping Dalvik cache if you don’t want to face “Low on memory” issues.
- Now, navigate through the interface choose “select zip from SD card” and select the zip file which we downloaded earlier.
- After it gets completed, you can flash the GAPPS file in a similar fashion and get back using the back button and select “Reboot” and you are done!.
If you are done with all the above mentioned steps, you may be enjoying a whole new experience on your phone. Please make a note that this ROM is still under development so, it may have some bugs.
For Queries/Suggestions, leave us your words in the comments section 🙂 .