The LG Nitro HD for AT&T came up at the end of 2011, the year of dual cores. It was the first phone on the offering to flaunt the award-winning AH-IPS screen with HD resolution, developed by LG, an 8 megapixel shooter, a discrete connectivity suite and a powerful chipset running on a heavily customised android 2.3.5 Gingerbread to make it one of the better choices of the über people.
Boasting a full-fledged specifications sheet, the LG Nitro HD has been receiving some good developer support and here we have for you, a step by step tutorial on installing CM10 Jelly Bean ROM on you LG Nitro HD P930 phone.
What is CM10 Jelly Bean?
CM10 or Cyanogenmod 10 is the latest set of firmware from the house of Cyanogenmod team which are known for their stable off-market firmwares which are highly tweaked versions of android original releases, while maintaining the raw user experience of the respective android releases. CM10 or Cyanogenmod 10 is based on the latest Android 4.1 Jelly Bean release. Android 4.1 Jelly Bean is a major upgrade over the ice cream sandwich release but takes the touch-user interface to the next level under project “butter” by Google. Android 4.1 really does delivers well in terms of usability and gets a mile ahead of all the miles set by previous android releases and when coupled with the brilliance of Cyanogenmod ROMs, it can easily put a smile on your face corresponding to its performance combined with the best UI out there.
Please make a note that this is just an early build and may have some bugs which will be rectified as the development process for this ROM proceeds.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Steps to Install CM10 Jelly Bean on LG Nitro HD
- Download the ROM zip file from the original thread.
- Copy the downloaded zip to the root folder of your sdcard.
- If you have ROM manager installed, you can proceed via it or Boot into the recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode, you can navigate using the volume buttons and select using menu/home button.
- Make a nandroid backup in recovery mode.
- Use these to navigate and select “Wipe” and then “Wipe data” and also consider wiping Dalvik cache if you don’t want to face “Low on memory” issues.
- Now, navigate through the interface choose “select zip from SD card” and select the zip file which we downloaded earlier.
- After it gets completed, get back using the back button and select “Reboot” and you are done!.
Done! that’s all you had to do. If your phone didn’t booted up successfully take a reboot and clear the cache.
If you found this review helpful, please don’t forget to leave you queries/suggestions in the comments section.