The LG Optimus One has been quoted as one of the most user as well as developer friendly android devices till date courtesy the large no. of ROMs and kernels which this device has received viz. one of the largest developer community available on the forums. The users of the LG Optimus One P500 have been cherished with each and every amount of development they could have expected for their little MSM7x27 based droid which has a 600Mhz processor ticking inside along with 512Mb of RAM with a 3.2″ HVGA Display upfront while the 3.2 megapixel camera sits at the back of the device.
Having a completely functional CM7 Gingerbread as well as a fast CM9 Ice Cream Sandwich ROM along with a lot of Custom ROMs, it is time for the Optimus One community to rejoice the latest from the Cyanogenmod factory, CM10 Jelly Bean. Yes, as stated, we are definatley talking about a CM10 Jelly Bean ROM for the LG Optimus One P500.
About the ROM
CM10 or Cyanogenmod10 is the latest from the Cyanogenmod team and is based on the latest Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean with all the goodies and tweaks while keeping in line with delivering the user with the raw Android 4.1 experience on the serve. One of the highlighting features of Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean is that it takes user interaction to the next level under Google’s very own “project butter”.
This is the very first CM10 Jelly Bean ROM for all the devices from the LG Optimus One family (MSM 7X27 based phones) and it may or may not have bugs considering that it is still under development.
- All accelometers
- Google Apps
- Most Project Butter related enhancements
- All native apps
- All Audio
- Airplane Mode
What isn’t working?
- Google Now
- Screen on/off animation
- Anything needing the Adreno Libs
- Probably a lot of little things as this is still under development
Here are Some Screenshots:
If you are through with all that’s above, let’s proceed with our tutorial.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
Steps to Install CM10 Jelly Bean ROM on LG Optimus One :
- Download the ROM zip file from the original thread.
- Copy the downloaded zip to the root folder of your sdcard.
- If you have ROM manager installed, you can proceed via it or Boot into the recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode, you can navigate using the volume buttons and select using menu/home button.
- Make a nandroid backup in recovery mode.
- Use these to navigate and select “Wipe” and then “Wipe data” and also consider wiping Dalvik cache if you don’t want to face “Low on memory” issues.
- Now, navigate through the interface choose “select zip from SD card” and select the zip file which we downloaded earlier.
- After it gets completed, you can flash the GAPPS file in a similar fashion and get back using the back button and select “Reboot” and you are done!.
If you are done with that, you are home 🙂 If your phone didn’t booted properly, clear the cache and try to reboot again.
Please take a note that this is still under development so you may face some bugs ( don’t worry too much on that as the developers are working hard at getting all of them fixed as soon as possible ) so please proceed at you own risk.
For downloads and more on this ROM, you can head over to the original thread.
If you have any Queries/Suggestions/Comments, Please pay us a bit of your time in the comments section. We’ll be happy to hear from you 🙂 .