The Sony Xperia Miro has been generating some good amount of hype amonst the younger generation as it promises as one of the better ones till date which are aimed at the youth. Sharing a lot in common with it’s closest sibling, the Xperia Tipo, the additional multimedia capabilities of the phone make it glide away past all the competition while the Xperian genetics makes sure the lad doesn’t loses it’s paternal glory. As this device is very closely related to the Xperia Tipo, no wonder the FXP( Free Xperia Project ) guys have added this one too after the latter in the list of the devices supported under the development project.
About the FreeXperia Project:
FreeXperia is a group of CyanogenMod Xperia porters who work upon playing out with the latest of Cyanogenmod releases(which are a set of off-market firmware for different varities of android devices based on every new edition of the platform that hits the surface) and make it available to each and every possible new generation Xperia device that gets released by Sony. This support team is exculsive in many ways as there hasn’t been any such group which backup a whole series of devices with frequent releases.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
Steps to Install CM10 Jelly Bean ROM on your Sony Xperia Miro :
- Download the zip file from the original thread.
- Copy the downloaded zip to the root folder of your sdcard.
- Boot into recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode, you can navigate using the volume buttons and select using menu/home button.
- Make a nandroid backup in recovery mode.
- Use these to navigate and select “Wipe” and then “Wipe data” and also consider wiping Dalvik cache if you don’t want to face “Low on memory” issues.
- Now, navigate through the interface choose “select zip from SD card” and select the zip file which we downloaded earlier.
- After it gets completed, you can flash the GAPPS file in a similar fashion and get back using the back button and select “Reboot” and you are done!.
If you followed all those steps carefully, you can now enjoy Android 4.1 Jelly Bean in the Cyanogenmod style .
If you faced any problems while flashing the ROM or have any queries/suggestions to make, please leave us a word in the comments section.