A sequel to the trendy blockbuster , the Sony Ericsson VIVAZ, the Xperia Neo/Neo V ( the latter differs only in the camera resolution courtesy the vicious earthquake that struck Japan ) is as good as a “sequel” could be. Carrying all the trend setting aesthetics of it’s patrons, the Xperia Neo/Neo V, was one of the second generation of Xperia smartphones from SONY that tasted the bestselling offerings of the android world. It landed up with a 1 GHz Scorpion CPU, Adreno 205 GPU, Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8255 chipset coupled with 512mb of RAM and was one of the first breed of droids to host the “HD” tag. Besides boasting a market ruling chipset of it’s time, the Xperia Neo/Neo V took the mobile photography world by a storm by it’s 8 megapixel Exmor R camera sensor and 720p video with continuous autofocus with the hardware performing out every single of it’s capabilities, as sooner it became the favourite for the likes of the photography people.
Being a good performer, the Xperia Neo/Neo V has been receiving it’s share of development and guess what, we have landed up with an exciting CM10 Jelly Bean ROM for this amazing device( Please make a note that it is still under development being an alpha release ).
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Steps to Install CM10 Jelly Bean on Xperia Neo/Neo V
- Download the ROM zip file from the original thread ( link provided at the bottom of the post ).
- Copy the downloaded zip to the root folder of your sdcard.
- If you have ROM manager installed, you can proceed via it or Boot into the recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode, you can navigate using the volume buttons and select using menu/home button.
- Make a nandroid backup in recovery mode.
- Use these to navigate and select “Wipe” and then “Wipe data” and also consider wiping Dalvik cache if you don’t want to face “Low on memory” issues.
- Now, navigate through the interface choose “select zip from SD card” and select the zip file which we downloaded earlier.
- After it gets completed, get back using the back button and select “Reboot” and you are done!.
Done! that’s all you had to do. If your phone didn’t booted up successfully take a reboot and clear the cache.
PLEASE! remember this an alpha build, and hence under development, it’ll be users like you who will be helpful to the developers in sorting out the bugs, instead of accusing on them. The developers are trying hard to fix all the bugs as fast as they can.
For more on this ROM and downloads, you can head on to the original thread.
Please don’t forget to put your suggestions/queries in the comments section, we’ll be happy to hear from you :).