Being one hell of a blockbuster of droids in terms of sales, the Galaxy Ace has reigned the mid range smartphone kingdom for ages now and still stands as one of the most strongest brands in the segment of it’s domination. The Samsung Galaxy Ace has predated all the competition right out of water by delivering smart and smooth together while keeping itself a mile away from the beasts. The Samsung Galaxy Ace was launched back in February 2011 and still can be found on with online retailers as a mark of all the popularity that it gathered. The phone ships with Android 2.3 Gingerbread out of the box as the firm has put this one out of the line of handsets expected to receive an Android 4.0+ update (come on, even the almighty Galaxy S doesn’t stands a chance here as per the statement from the makers) .
Well, apart from a bit of sorrowful talks, we’ve got something special on the lot for you. We are here with this step by step tutorial to install CM10 Jelly Bean ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 Android smartphone.
About the ROM:
This is an unofficial port of Cyanogenmod 10 or CM10 ROM to your Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 . Cyanogenmod team is known for it’s highly tweaked and trusted off-market ROMs which have done the job of breathing life back into some all time blockbusters who had been betrayed by their firms. CM10 is based on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean along with some sweet ‘n’ spice from the Cyanogenmod factory which will help you to enjoy the latest of android in a way that’ll be much faster than the stock firmware yet won’t loose the essence of originality of the Android 4.1 user interface on the serve.
Note: Please make this sure that this is an unofficial built and still under development. So you may get some bugs but nothing to worry about as the developers are working to get all of these bugs fixed as soon as possible ( Help the community! ) .
If you’re done with that, let’s proceed with our tutorial now.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
Steps to Install CM10 Jelly Bean ROM on Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830:
- Download the zip file from the original thread.
- Copy the downloaded zip to the root folder of your sdcard.
- Boot into recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode, you can navigate using the volume buttons and select using menu/home button.
- Make a nandroid backup in recovery mode.
- Use these to navigate and select “Wipe” and then “Wipe data” and also consider wiping Dalvik cache if you don’t want to face “Low on memory” issues.
- Now, navigate through the interface choose “select zip from SD card” and select the zip file which we downloaded earlier.
- After it gets completed, you can flash the GAPPS file in a similar fashion and get back using the back button and select “Reboot” and you are done!.
Well, if you have followed this tutorial by the lines, you must be enjoying your brand new firmware. Please make sure you pay a visit to the original page of the ROM for further details, before you move on to doing all the flashy stuff.
If you found this post helpful, please pay us a word in the comments sections in the form of suggestions/queries/comments. We’ll always be happy to hear from you 🙂 .